Monday, February 19, 2007

Lansing Politicians Piss Away Michigan's Future


Stone Soup Musings
The naysayers are determined to ruin our state. Senate Republican leaders said they will turn down Granholm's budget-balancing plan because they oppose a tax hike she proposed. How do they propose dealing with Michigan's $800 million-plus deficit? That can be entirely closed by making cuts according to Senate Majority Leader Mike Bishop, R-Rochester. Naturally, he wasn't specific on where the cuts would be made, although he was clear school aid reductions are on the table. The tax they're objecting to is the 2% tax on services that will cost the average family $65 a year - or 18 cents a day.

Our highway bridges are falling down, our water systems leak as much as they deliver, and our community college system is failing to train our youth for today's job skills. Wake up people - the state is in deep shit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

BobbyV, thanks for the link. No one likes paying taxes, but there comes a point where they can't be avoided. People have to think of it like their home. If you buy a house but never pay to fix the roof, repair the furnace or replace that leaky pipe, sooner or later that house will start to fall down around your head.

I checked out your profile and noticed you're into homebrewing. Perfect timing! I have a question that you might be able to help me with. I wanted to buy my husband a homebrewing kit but noticed there are two kinds - one that requires boiling and one that doesn't. Does it really make a difference? Is one preferable to another?

Also, I've been checking online. Can you recommend anyone that sells homebrew supplies? Thanks for any help you can give me.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Thanks so much for the valuable advice on homebrewing. I saved your comments and then deleted them since my husband sometimes reads my blog. If you think of anything else I should know, use my e-mail address:

stonesoupmusings-blog@yahoo.com

I checked that kit you recommended and it looks like a good buy. Does it matter which recipe kit I buy if he plans on boiling or not boiling - or doesn't it matter? I don't really know what method he'll decide on since I don't think he realized there is a difference either.

I also noticed some of the recipe kits had upgraded malt (or maybe it was yeast, I'm confused now). Should I pay the extra dollar or two and buy the upgraded recipe kit?

Thanks for all your help. Hope I'm not being a pest, but I really appreciate all the suggestions and tips.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home